Every business is dependent on using systems and processes that will enable its operations to run efficiently and enhance the customer experience.
The business software market has exploded in recent years making the job of choosing the right software that much harder. (e.g. Xero currently has 700+ apps that connect to it!)
However, the benefit to SME businesses is that the cost of sophisticated software has dropped significantly. This means the cost to benefit ratio of software has dramatically improved.
How do you know if you have the right systems for your business?
Here are some indications that your systems may not be working well in your business:
- You are repeatedly doing things manually
- You regularly double handle data across systems
- Your staff are often in firefighting mode
- Your invoices are issued late, you have poor debt collection and worst of all – you have dissatisfied customers!
Poor systems can have a significant impact on the bottom line and the health of your business :
- Increased processing costs
- Lost business
- Missed customer opportunities
- Cashflow issues
Consider these questions for your business:
- Are your systems capable of delivering your strategy?
- Does your team understand the capabilities of your systems?
- Are your systems integrated where appropriate to minimise double handling?
- Are your systems cost effective?